Defy gravity while you stretch, strengthen, and Breathe. Fitness with FLAIR.
AERIAL FIT & FLOW — Classes that take influence from traditional Yoga poses, Aerial Arts, fitness and Pilates. They use a aerial sling in a different way than the circus. We hang the soft fabric sling at about waist height, and use it to explore alignment, flexibility, release chronic tension, strengthen, and basically hang around, and have fun! FLAIR Aerial classes are taught by only experienced Aerial fitness & yoga instructors, who use the low hanging hammock specifically for yoga postures and fitness conditioning. Every class includes decompression of the spine, supported inversions, core and upper body strengthening, and deep relaxation . This class is appropriate for anyone whether or not you have previous yoga experience, since the aerial sling helps put us into proper alignment right from the first session. Our instructors are trained to assess your current fitness level and help guide your progress so that you can learn safely and at your own pace.
Benefits of Inversion Therapy:
- Decompress tight joints
- Core strengthening and lengthening
- Increased muscular strength & flexibility
- Relieving pressure while aligning the vertebrae
- Increased kinesthetic awareness
- Fine-tuning balance & increased proprioception
- Low impact cardio-vascular conditioning
- Postural inversions without neck or back compression
- Hold challenging yoga postures longer & in alignment
- Stretch further with less strain
- Muscular tension release through self-massage
- Adds an entirely new dimension to your Yoga/Fitness
- Create better body awareness while increasing agility
- Self-esteem enhancement through conquering fears
- Refreshes the lymphatic, digestive & circulatory
- This is a natural way of supporting your body to release toxins without the need for strange cleanses or a special diet.
- Releases “happy hormones” i.e. serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, endorphins
Private lessons are a great way to get targeted one-on-one coaching, learn quickly, and maintain social distance COVID-19 guidelines.
Other reasons include:
- Needs training at a different time than what is offered
- Is concerned about their fitness level or have injuries and would prefer to learn in a private setting.
- Wants individualized attention for any reason at all.
- Wants to work on choreography and act development.
Students can explore movement quality, fluid transitions, creative expression, and build endurance as more time is spent in the air.
Fly in the safety and comfort of our beautiful outdoor training area.
Fly in the safety and comfort of our beautiful outdoor training area…
Learn the Fundamentals of Aerial Arts!
FLAIR Aerial offers outdoor private lessons for youth and adults who are interested in learning a new discipline, building strength and flexibility, building focus, or performing an act for family, friends or a local talent show.
Flair Aerial will Introduce students to the three main aerial apparatuses we teach, while developing the aerial strength needed for skills such as climbing and inverting and getting students comfortable with the ways that the various apparatuses behave and feel. Expect to learn a variety of ways to get on and off the apparatus, as well as short sequences of basic skills that will get you moving on the apparatus. Classes include conditioning, and creative exercises as well.
Aerial Silks (also called Aerial Fabric) is a special strength-tested fabric that hangs in two long tails from a single rig point from our outdoor aerial tower. This apparatus was made popular by Cirque du Soleil, and is known for its drama and striking visuals. In Aerial Silks lessons you will learn how to climb, invert on the fabric, create beautiful shapes and wraps, and eventually, as you progress, you can learn more dramatic drops, dives, and flips in the air. Aerial Silk students develop strength and grace quickly when they train consistently.
Aerial Sling (also called Hammock) is the same material as Aerial Silks, but rigged from a single point with a loop at the bottom. This is the same apparatus we use for Aerial Yoga classes that are rigged on two points, but in Aerial Sling the loop is a single point and set higher from the ground. In Aerial Sling lessons you will learn various ways to mount and dismount the apparatus, how to invert and support yourself on the fabric, and get into various tircks and poses. As you progress in skill, you’ll learn drops, dives, and spinning sequences appropriate for your skill level. Aerial Sling students develop upper body and core strength quickly when they train consistently.
Aerial Hoop (Lyra)
Aerial Hoop (also called Lyra) is a steel circle connected by one point to the aerial tower. It is a classic and beautiful circus apparatus that frames the performer. In Aerial Hoop lessons you’ll learn a variety of ways to get on and off the apparatus, postures and transitions inside, below, and eventually, above and around the outside of the hoop, as well as spinning techniques. Aerial Hoop students develop strength, control and confidence when they train consistently.